The teachers we hire are smart, passionate, experienced educators who believe that all students can learn at the highest level. We look for teachers who are steeped in progressive pedagogy or committed to learning how to develop high-quality, progressive instruction. The ideal candidates love learning and inspire students to love learning. We look for teachers with a track record of high performance, who are genuinely warm and kind, and thrive in an entrepreneurial culture.
Interested candidates should review our website to ensure that their values and educational philosophies align with those of Harlem Village Academies.
Overview Of Responsibilities
- Develop and teach highly engaging, academically rigorous lessons, aligned with HVA’s standards and progressive pedagogical philosophy
- Invest several hours per week in professional learning, including personalized instructional coaching, co-planning, book study groups, and other learning work
- Inspire students to hold themselves to high standards of academics and character
- Establish and uphold classroom routines to ensure a focused, safe, and caring environment
- Analyze assessment data, and use it to inform your instruction
- Collaborate with colleagues to share best practices and ensure student mastery of standards
- Maintain close relationships with families, including phone calls and conferences
- Proven success with high-quality, progressive pedagogy preferred; a commitment to developing progressive pedagogy is essential
- Strong track record of student achievement in your past teaching
- Ability to create a class environment in which students feel safe, supported, and challenged to engage deeply in meaningful work
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- Unshakeable conviction that all students can learn at a high level
Harlem Village Academies offers a competitive salary (higher than DOE scale). Other benefits include:
- Medical insurance for employees and a portion of the cost of dependents
- Employer funded Flexible Spending Accounts for qualified medical/dental expenses
- Paid life and disability insurance
- 403(b) savings plan with an employer match
- Employee Referral Program
- Extensive professional development opportunities
Harlem Village Academies is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are able to notify only those candidates who meet our selection criteria. If you have questions about your application, you may contact us at email@example.com.
To recruitment agencies: Harlem Village Academies does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, our employees, or any other location. Harlem Village Academies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.