Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
The Development Coordinator of Advancement will play a key role in fulfilling HVA’s vision by managing and growing the organization’s major gifts revenue. S/he will enthusiastically participate in fundraising efforts, with a clear understanding that fundraising is critical to the success of the organization. S/he will work in close collaboration with the VP of Institutional Advancement, the Director of Marketing and the Development team to coordinate all aspects of cultivation and marketing for fundraising and institutional advancement. S/he will also provide support to the VP for her advancement endeavors.
- Coordinate donor cultivation opportunities with students, families, teachers, and staff
- Create engagement opportunities to support development team's outreach efforts
- Manage and support special programming designed to engage individuals and corporate groups
- Coordinate videography and photography freelancers for school and special fundraising events
- Support the Vice President of Institutional Advancement with departmental organization and daily tasks
- Liaise with various offices, school staff, teachers, families, students within HVA as well as externally
- Maintain team database, run reports, enter checks, and send acknowledgement letters
- Track development targets, deadlines, and staff responsibilities
- At least 2-4 years as a development associate, executive assistant, project manager or operations manager, preferably in fundraising
- Demonstrated success as a highly organized team player with immaculate attention to detail
- Able to both be patient with students and manage them appropriately
- Highly self-motivated to support the goals of the department, while keeping the team on track to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate to various constituencies
- Proficient in project management, budgets and scheduling
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with high standards
- Deeply committed to HVA’s mission and able to focus on the organization's greater goal
- Willing to be hands-on (no task too big or too small)
- Adept at managing and following through on multiple projects at once, while adhering to deadlines
- Trustworthiness with highly confidential information
- Sense of humor
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.