Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
The Senior Director of Development Operations will ensure that the entire Development team is functioning at the highest level of effectiveness by:
- Managing and overseeing all department logistics and operations
- Developing systems that align with HVA’s vision of excellence and incorporate best practices in development operations
- Serving as a liaison with school leadership to ensure effective communication
The Senior Director of Development Operations will:
- Plan and execute fundraising cultivation special events and activities, ensuring the programs run smoothly
- Mastermind the Development calendar and meeting schedules, both internal and external, to optimize the time spent executing the fundraising strategy
- Build and maintain strong relationships with supporters and their staff
- Create systems to ensure effective communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Lead a successful annual benefit
- Manage relationships with key vendors and ensure effective systems for purchasing and maintaining supplies and materials
- Be the point of contact for all technology related issues for the department
- Manage non-personnel expenses and track the Development budget
The ideal candidate will focus on putting fundraisers and donors first, by creating high-quality operations systems and following through down to the smallest details. He or she must be a highly intelligent, driven individual with a warm character and exceptional integrity, and must thrive as part of a highly motivated, committed team.
In addition, he or she must possess:
- A minimum of 5 years of operations experience, ideally in Development within other non-profits
- Tremendous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills to lead complex projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and motivate a team
- Excellent team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills in tackling organizational problems
- Dedication to providing top-level customer service to teachers and families
- A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
- A bachelor’s degree
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.