Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
Harlem Village Academies is expanding its curriculum team. The Managing Director of Curriculum and Assessment will ensure all curriculum, assessments, and resources align with HVA's vision, drive toward the Common Core State Standards, are vertically aligned and consistent across schools, and support high levels of student achievement.
- Project manage the ELA Curriculum and Assessment team in creating and/or curating, revising, and launching…
- Balanced literacy curriculum in grades K-8
- Interdisciplinary Project Based Learning (IPBL) curriculum in grades K-5
- Project manage the creation and/or curation of all ELA assessments for K-8
- Collaborate on the selection of high-quality, engaging, culturally relevant books and texts in grades K-8
- Collaborate with school and network leaders to ensure that professional learning for teachers supports strong implementation aligned with our vision
- Develop and strengthen the Curriculum & Assessment team’s systems and structures for…
- Content management
- Curriculum launch and implementation
- Strong, seamless communication between and among network, school leadership, and teachers
- Ongoing collection and implementation of feedback on curriculum and assessments from school leaders and teachers
- Master’s degree
- At least six years of experience in literacy-based curriculum development and/or literacy program management with a proven track record of student achievement results
- Understanding of the core tenets of progressive pedagogy and implications for curriculum and instruction
- Experience creating data analysis systems and implementing those systems across a school or network of schools
- Demonstrated experience leading highly effective professional learning for teachers and/or leaders around instructional best practices
- Exceptional results leading others and managing a team to achieve ambitious goals
- Demonstrated success creating and managing systems and work product
- Incredibly high excellence bar and ownership over results
- A team player with a strong work ethic and consistent follow-through
- Ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with team members, students, and families
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
All team members are passionately and deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Harlem Village Academies; have a positive and professional attitude; exhibit a very strong work ethic; and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The ideal candidate will thrive working within an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.