Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
As the Recruitment Manager, you will recruit the exceptional and diverse talent necessary to provide every child at Harlem Village Academies with an excellent education. You will build a strong talent pipeline for our schools by nurturing prospects, cultivating external partnerships, and networking intensively. You will manage a rigorous selection process that delivers top talent to our schools and maintain close relationships with school leaders and teachers. Additionally, you will build strong connections with candidates, stewarding them seamlessly through our selection process while investing them in HVA’s distinctive vision and culture.
The ideal candidate is a smart, passionate, and self-motivated top performer who has a passion for recognizing and nurturing great talent. S/he is an exceptional relationship builder who connects with people quickly and effortlessly. The candidate gets around any obstacle in order to accomplish ambitious goals and thrives as part of a dynamic and committed team.
- Promote Harlem Village Academies as a unique place for educators, with its focus on progressive pedagogy, deeper learning, and a rich intellectual life for teachers
- Identify high-performing teachers aligned with our progressive pedagogical philosophy and stimulate their interest in HVA
- Facilitate a seamless recruitment process, providing first-class customer service for candidates and school staff
- Build close and effective relationships with principals to match talent to schools’ needs
- Cultivate relationships and network continuously, to maintain a pipeline of top-tier candidates
- Host and attend recruitment events on some nights and weekends, plus some travel
- 3+ years of professional experience, with recruitment experience a plus
- K-12 teaching experience strongly preferred
- Ability to recognize and attract outstanding talent
- Ability to connect deeply with people, maintain trust, and navigate sensitive issues with colleagues and candidates
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, and can operate resourcefully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Can compellingly communicate the transformative potential and complex challenges of progressive education in a high-needs urban setting
- Highly self-motivated, resourceful, and relentless in pursuit of goals
- Highly organized and diligent, with top-notch project-management skills
- Strong team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of Harlem Village Academies
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.