Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
The High School Operations Director will focus relentlessly on putting teachers’ needs first, by creating high-quality school operations systems and following through down to the smallest details. He or she is a highly intelligent, driven individual with a warm character and exceptional integrity, and naturally thrives as part of a highly motivated, committed team.
- “Own” all operations and logistical issues and systems, ensuring that the Principal can focus on instructional leadership
- Be a school culture leader with all members of the school community, including by planning events, building strong personal relationships, and leveraging relationships to work through challenges
- Plan and execute educational programs and activities such as Saturday school, field trips, special events, and other professional development and community activities, ensuring the proper resources are available and the programs run smoothly
- Mastermind school scheduling, to optimize the scheduling of class time and available facilities, both day-to-day and throughout the school year
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our neighboring school and surrounding community
- Create systems to ensure effective communication between staff, students, and families
- Lead a successful annual student recruitment process
- Manage relationships with key vendors and ensure effective systems for purchasing and maintaining supplies and materials
- Be the “first line of defense” on technology issues
- Manage non-personnel expenses and track school operating budget
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience; school-based experience required, teaching experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and motivate a team
- Excellent team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes
- Strong project management skills to lead complex projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills in tackling organizational problems
- Tremendous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to providing top-level customer service to teachers and families
- A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
All team members are passionately and deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Harlem Village Academies; have a positive and professional attitude; exhibit a very strong work ethic; and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The ideal candidate will thrive working within an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.