Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
Harlem Village Academies seeks a seasoned, sophisticated Administrative Assistant to support the Chief of Staff. The Administration Assistant will work directly with the Chief of Staff and Network Education Operations Manager in support of our six schools, ensuring that teachers and students can effectively focus on teaching and learning.
- Provides comprehensive administrative support to the COS. Answers, screens and directs incoming calls, visitors, and correspondence
- Tracks and reconciles credit card expenses
- Manages COS’s calendar; schedules meetings, telephone conferences, and appointments
- Strategic planning & calendarizing based on priorities for COS
- Maintains agendas for meetings if necessary
- Responsible for maintaining the office space and supply needs
- Accountable for creating logistics which include and are not limited to food ordering, set up and communication for any events requested
- Support with ad hoc projects
- 2+ years of operations/administrative experience
- Bachelor's degree required
- Outstanding commitment and sense of dedication to understanding, fulfilling and anticipating supervisor’s needs and priorities, and protecting supervisor’s time, in order to maximize her productivity – a whatever it takes to get the job done attitude
- Strong communication skills and understands the importance of managing up when necessary
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software packages
- Incredibly organized and able to manage many small details & tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build relationships with other employees
- Calm under pressure, able to move quickly and react to any situations that arise
- Professional attitude & ability to proactively imbue organization with professionalism and positivity
- Ability to respond to requests quickly and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to accomplish multiple and changing priorities and tasks in an effective and timely manner
- Superb interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard written English and ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence
- Willing and able to maintain work hours that match the COS calendar and commitments
All team members are passionately and deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Harlem Village Academies; have a positive and professional attitude; exhibit a very strong work ethic; and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The ideal candidate will thrive working within an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.