Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
Harlem Village Academies is expanding its curriculum team. Reporting to the Managing Director, the ELA Curriculum Director will ensure all curriculum, assessments, and resources align with HVA's vision, drive toward the Common Core State Standards, are vertically aligned and consistent across schools, and support high levels of student achievement.
- Manage and collaborate with the ELA Curriculum and Assessment team in creating and/or curating, revising, and launching…
- ELA curriculum in grades K-8
- Interdisciplinary Project Based Learning (IPBL) curriculum in grades K-5
- Manage and collaborate on the selection of high-quality, engaging, culturally relevant books and texts for ELA and IPBL units/studies in grades K-8
- Manage the creation and/or curation of all ELA assessments for K-8
- Work with school and network leaders to ensure that professional learning for teachers supports strong implementation aligned with our vision
- Develop and strengthen the C&A team’s systems and structures for…
- Content management
- Curriculum launch and implementation
- Strong, seamless communication between and among network, school leadership, and teachers
- Ongoing collection and implementation of feedback on curriculum and assessments from school leaders and teachers
- Master’s degree
- At least four years of experience in literacy-based curriculum development and/or literacy program management with a proven track record of student achievement results
- Understanding of the core tenets of progressive pedagogy and implications for curriculum and instruction
- Highly knowledgeable on K-8 literature
- Experience working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Exceptional understanding of a progressive approach to instruction and a wide knowledge of the most innovative and successful instructional methods across the country
- Exceptional meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in matters of proofreading and document processing
- Demonstrated success creating and managing systems and work product
- Incredibly high excellence bar and ownership over results
- A team player with a strong work ethic and consistent follow-through
- Ability to build lasting and meaningful relationships with team members, students, and families
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
All team members are passionately and deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Harlem Village Academies; have a positive and professional attitude; exhibit a very strong work ethic; and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The ideal candidate will thrive working within an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.