HARLEM VILLAGE ACADEMIES
Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators building an urban PreK-12 school model based on the principles of progressive education. Located in Harlem, HVA is also the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute. Harlem Village Academies (HVA) is widely recognized as a leader at the forefront of public education, featuring Montessori PreK, accelerated math, and the International Baccalaureate.
The Network Director of Student Recruitment & Enrollment will lead the Enrollment department at Harlem Village Academies to ensure that all schools meet their student application and enrollment targets. In this role, you will also cultivate strong relationships within the Harlem neighborhoods we serve. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, entrepreneurial, charter school operations leader. The Network Director of Student Recruitment & Enrollment will set the strategy and manage a team of outreach workers to engage with prospective and new families, deepen the existing enthusiasm for Harlem Village Academies and attract new families to start their educational journey in our schools. The Network Director of Student Recruitment & Enrollment will report to the Chief Operating Officer and collaborate frequently with members of the Network Operations team, the Creative Director, Executive Leadership and School Leaders.
As the Network Director of Student Recruitment & Enrollment, you will:
- Track and analyze enrollment and application data to drive tactical decisions that will lead to meeting all application goals and enrollment targets across HVA campuses.
- Design and refine the annual student recruitment strategy and project plan all key outreach and marketing activities
- Manage the Enrollment and Outreach team and coach them to support prospective and incoming families with applying and enrolling in Harlem Village Academies schools.
- Partner with the Creative Director to run effective digital and print marketing campaigns.
- Draft messages to prospective and incoming families that reflect the unique opportunity they have to attend Harlem Village Academies.
- Cultivate strong relationships with community leaders to develop feeder programs and generate interest in local families applying to Harlem Village Academies.
- Provide school leadership teams with templates, talking points and guidance to effectively execute student recruitment and enrollment events, including open houses and orientations.
- Create reports which identify current recruitment and enrollment trends and make recommendations to continually improve.
- Ensure compliance with admissions, enrollment, and withdrawal policies through close partnership with the network operations teams and school-based operations teams
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Operations powerhouse with a proven track record of leading cross-functional projects and meeting goals and deadlines.
- Highly developed relational leadership skills, including the ability to develop and manage teams and build relationships across school and network leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an eagerness to launch new initiatives
- Experience managing large and complex datasets and synthesizing information to drive strategic decision making
- An openness to accept and implement feedback and engage in a process of self-improvement
- Excellent team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes
- Demonstrated creativity and problem-solving skills in tackling organizational challenges
- Tremendous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with SchoolMint, EventBrite and Mailchimp a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $130,000, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Final salary may be adjusted based on experience and qualifications. HVA is committed to providing our team with a range of benefit offerings at a competitive value.
All team members are passionately and deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Harlem Village Academies; have a positive and professional attitude; exhibit a very strong work ethic; and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The ideal candidate will thrive working within an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.