Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education. HVA is the lab school for the Progressive Education Institute.
Harlem Village Academies has an exciting opportunity for a Student Enrollment Outreach Team Member who will support HVA’s student enrollment efforts, and will serve as an ambassador for HVA to the community as well as a resource for prospective students and their families as they apply and enroll in our elementary schools. Reporting to the Director of Student Recruitment and Enrollment, the Student Enrollment Outreach Team Member will embody the warm and collaborative culture of Harlem Village Academies, serving as many families' first point of interaction with HVA, including during evenings and weekends for recruitment events.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all student recruitment and enrollment inquiries
- Manage student recruitment and enrollment logistics and efforts
- Actively engage with prospective families at various recruitment events
- Plan recruitment fairs, and network community outreach events
- Assist with annual lottery and orientation and information events
- Plan the logistics and execution of parent events related to recruitment and orientation
- Support our community-based organization (CBO) outreach program by engaging with CBOs within and around Harlem, cultivating strong relationships, seeking mutual opportunities to partner with feeder programs and other relevant local organizations
- Maintain data dashboards to inform the team's decisions about strategy and initiatives
- This position runs from January thru August (40+ hours until April 3, then 30 hours per week until end of August)
- Some weekend and evening hours will be required
- Salary range is $22 - $28 per hour and based on experience
- Three or more years of experience in student recruitment and enrollment a plus
- A bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a customer service mindset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A professional demeanor that conveys warmth, caring, and responsiveness to children, parents, and staff at all times
- A drive to understand what our prospective families value in their children's education and what current families value most about HVA
- School-based experience a plus
- A drive to improve the lives of students in and out of school
- Team player with a willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of Harlem Village Academies
- A positive, high-energy attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and willingness to learn additional programs
- Bilingual or proficient in Spanish, French Haitian Creole or West African languages a plus
Our team is passionately committed to the vision and values of Harlem Village Academies. The ideal candidate will have a positive mindset, a very strong work ethic, an inner drive for excellence, and will thrive working in an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.