Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators working to build an urban school district based on the ideals and tenets of progressive education.
The Network/School Psychologist at Harlem Village Academies is a non-instructional role that is responsible for providing school based counseling sessions for mandated and at risk students, as well as provide all necessary psycho-educational evaluations: including the standard battery of academic, cognitive and social-emotional testing and supplemental testing when applicable.
The Network/School Psychologist is an integral part of the Harlem Village Academies community as they work closely with all constituents to support students, ensuring that they have every tool needed to be successful in and outside of the classroom. The ideal candidate has a high level of organization, strong communication skills, and has a proven track record of successfully supporting students in crisis and assisting students to achieve academic success.
- Work closely with Special Education Coordinators to support students who receive mandated and at-risk counseling services
- Assist Special Education Coordinators in identifying and supporting students with disabilities
- Communicate across the organization to other school psychologists and social workers, consulting on challenging cases and providing training to support students
- Provide robust reports on counseling progress on Growth Reports and in IEP meeting progress reports
- Assist students in crisis and de escalate behavior
- In collaboration with the Special Education Coordinator, oversee a full battery of mono-lingual, psycho-educational evaluations for students referred for IEPs
- Collaborate with leaders, teachers, and Sped Coordinators to ensure that all testing and service recommendations are appropriate
- Communicate results of psycho-educational evaluations with parents/guardians and provide support throughout the IEP process
- Join IEP meetings of students to report on results of all psycho-educational evaluations completed
- Assist in the creation of student Behavior Intervention Plans
- Occasionally provide psychoeducational workshops for families which may occur after hours as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates Possess
- 3-5 Years of experience
- A valid NYS School Psychologist certification
- Have experience with psycho-educational evaluations and behavioral assessment tools
- A strong sense of advocacy and dedication to student achievement.
- A commitment to students with diverse learning needs
- A high level of personal and professional organization
- Able to implement feedback quickly and effectively
- Personal integrity and perseverance
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $73,000 - $118,000, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Final salary may be adjusted based on experience and qualifications. HVA is committed to providing our team with a range of benefit offerings at a competitive value.
Our team is passionately committed to the vision and values of Harlem Village Academies. The ideal candidate will have a positive mindset, a very strong work ethic, an inner drive for excellence and will thrive working in an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.