HARLEM VILLAGE ACADEMIES
Harlem Village Academies is a community of educators pursuing an ambitious approach to progressive pedagogy from PK-12. As a national thought leader in deeper learning, HVA is the only charter school network in New York offering Montessori and culminating in the International Baccalaureate.
HVA believes in independent thinking, ethical leadership, intellectual curiosity, and intrinsic motivation. Serving 98% Black and Latino students, HVA consistently outperforms the district, city, and state. HVA recently earned a five-year renewal with commendations and has expanded to become IB for All. 100% of HVA high school students earn admission to college each year, and 83% are the first in their families to attend college.
As the Managing Director of Data, you will oversee and manage all data and reporting activities for the entire PreK-12 network, ensuring data accuracy, integrity, and accessibility. You will develop and implement strategies for using data to make better instructional and schooling decisions, and identify additional data needs to drive continuous improvement. You will provide strong leadership to the data team by supervising and managing the development and professional growth of direct reports to foster a culture of data-driven decision making throughout the team and organization.
- Bring insights and ideas to drive growth & innovation through data that support schooling initiatives
- Create and share in-depth analyses of educational data, including key metrics such as enrollment, assessments, and attendance
- Manage and lead the data team including weekly check ins, weekly team meetings, and ongoing professional development
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop and implement data-driven strategies to improve instructional outcomes
- Ensure that data is accurate, timely, and compliant with relevant regulations and reporting requirements processes
- Drive data-driven decisions and advance our data-focused culture
- Manage relationships with all third party data platforms and vendors
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- 5+ years of experience in a data and assessment related role, with experience in a PreK-12 school setting
- 5+ years of management experience with demonstrated history of exceptional leadership and management skills to lead a team effectively
- Proven experience in managing and analyzing data in an educational setting with a commitment to leveraging data for continuous improvement
- Strong understanding of data reporting and NYS compliance requirements in the education sector
- Familiarity with data analytics tools and programming languages for data analysis
- Exhibits a visionary approach by constantly seeking innovative ways to utilize data to enhance educational quality and student success
- Thrives on collaboration and aims to break down silos, understanding the challenges of different teams and working towards solutions
- Detail oriented with a focus on data accuracy and integrity
- Experience with database management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with a preference given to candidates with an MBA or advanced degree
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $110,000 -$140,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. HVA is committed to providing our team with a range of benefit offerings at a competitive value.
All team members are passionately and deeply committed to the mission, vision, and values of Harlem Village Academies; have a positive and professional attitude; exhibit a very strong work ethic; and possess an inner drive for personal and professional excellence. The ideal candidate will thrive working within an entrepreneurial and results-driven environment.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.